Thursday 31 December 2015

Reflections - things I learned from 2015

For the second of my 'Goodbye 2015; Hello 2016' blog posts I am writing a list of some of the things I learned in 2015.
Again, I feel like it's a good way to reflect on the past year and maybe one or two of these things might chime a bell with you.

  • Sometimes I can't see what's right in front of me
  • Sometimes I don't want to see what's right in front of me
  • I can procrastinate like a boss
  • I can't use phrases like "like a boss"
  • First impressions can be very right
  • First impressions can be very wrong
  • How to use a semi-colon properly; life-changing
  • Being kind to yourself is hard
  • I always pack too much stuff
  • I'd rather regret something I did than regret something I didn't do
  • If it feels wrong it probably is 
  • Decent haircuts in London don't have to cost the earth 
  • Those little blue ticks on WhatsApp are the best thing
  • Those little blue ticks on WhatsApp are the worst thing
  • Trust your gut
  • Forgiving others is easier than forgiving yourself 
  • If you really want to spend time with someone you will - and if someone really wants to spend time with you they will
  • If you're unsure about something just wait 
  • Waterproof eyeliner/mascara ain't always so waterproof
  • Just because you feel negatively about yourself doesn't mean it's true - or that other people feel the same about you 
  • Wait until lasagne is cold before portioning it up for the freezer or things get very messy
  • Even when you feel like your whole world is imploding you can still keep going (and it's probably not your "whole" world)
  • Things do get better 
  • Pacing is not overrated 
  • I'm still recovering 
  • Work and studies can get you through tough times
  • Friends and family can get you through tough times
  • YOU can get yourself through tough times 
  • If you can't trust yourself you can't expect others to
  • Don't say one thing and do another 
  • Be consistent and congruent 
  • Honesty is the best policy - especially with yourself 
  • Listen to your body
  • It's okay to ask for help 
  • Don't see everything as a battle
  • It's okay to feel like you don't know what you're doing
  • However much you plan you will never be able to outwit fate/The Gods/time/death/accidents/illness/anything and everything else
  • Happiness feels amazing
  • I can surprise myself just as much as others can surprise me
  • Life is an incredible, surprising, wonderful thing 
What did 2015 teach you?


How to get in touch:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...