Wednesday 30 December 2015

Reflections - Some of my favourites of 2015

I was wondering what might be a fitting way to mark the close of 2015 and the start of 2016 here on the blog...
I decided that the best and most positive way was to create two posts; one listing some of my (slightly random and more blog-friendly) favourite things/events of the year and another post talking about the things I've learned from this year. It's a nice way to reflect on the past year and take stock of what has been a mammoth of a year.
So, without further ado, and in the immortal words of Julie Andrews - these are a few of my favourite things (from 2015).

  • Family and friends - they have to go top of this list! 
  • Freckles
  • The plethora of Agatha Christie whodunnits on Radio Four Extra to mark 125 years since the great authoress was born
  • Sharing recipes with friends - always love to try new and exciting foods, although there's no pre-requisite for the food to be either new or exciting
  • Spelling
  • The countryside
  • Netflix - oh so many hours indulging my love of trash TV and rewatching classics like The Thick Of It
  • The word "Yes"
  • The word "No"
  • Talking all night
  • Sleeping all night
  • Getting a job that I love 
  • Walking
  • Holidays (especially if they come with a surprise room upgrade and are a decade overdue)
  • Writing essays and taking exams - not always my favourite thing to do, but worth an honourable mention as I spent so much of the first part of 2015 doing them!
  • Realising I have more than one shoulder to cry on
  • Discovering the band Chvrches: going to see them live and getting tickets for their special gig next year at the RAH
  • London
  • A Summer of watching cricket and drinking beer
  • Finding pilpel and their amazing falafel 
  • Robing rooms and court rooms
  • Dancing (with or without shoes)
  • Being surprised by my new love of watching the Tour de France
  • Puns
  • Theatre-going 
  • Tea - all day erryday
  • Celebrating whenever and wherever you can
...and so much more! 

What are some of your favourite things of 2015? 

How to get in touch:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...