Thursday 28 December 2017

Reflections - some of my favourites of 2017

As I have taken to do at this time of year, I wanted to take some time to reflect on the past year. Two posts will follow - this one of some of my favourite things of 2017, and another one on things I've learned in the last year (coming soon). I will try not repeat too many of the same things from previous years' posts, but be warned there may be a few similar!

If you want to see previous posts then the links are below:


Lessons of 2016

As I said last year (and the year before)...without further ado, and in the immortal words of Julie Andrews, these are a few of my favourite things (from 2017)...

  • Red wine
  • Reunions
  • Rooftop bars in London
  • Walking - both for perspective and health
  • End of exams - especially if someone else pays for a celebratory lunch
  • Getting braver, and going for what I want
  • Polaroid pictures 
  • My friends and family 
  • An actual cat burglar 
  • Re-watching my 1SecondEveryday videos 
  • Playing join-the-dots with freckles
  • Pimms/Beer/Cider/Picnics at the cricket
  • Impromptu plans - although I don't think you can actually plan anything that is impromptu...
  • Being a pedant - see above
  • Trying (and failing) to (temporarily) dye my hair purple
  • Friends trekking across London to provide sustenance of more than one kind
  • Texts that start with, "Do you want to come round to mine for dinner?" and end with "I'll cook".
  • Staycations
  • FINALLY getting free coffee(s) at Pret
  • Kumquats
  • Telling stories about kumquats
  • Being teased about my stories of kumquats
  • Puns - forever and always one of the ways to my heart
  • Well-timed, freshly-boiled kettles
  • Good grammar
  • Good manners
  • "Good morning"s
  • Good referencing - in life, not just in essays
  • Making time for self-care
  • Sheet masks
  • Yoga – especially Child’s Pose
  • Early nights
  • Late nights
  • A dazzlingly coloured wireless speaker
  • The Eiffel Tower light show
  • Being the hostess
  • Being the hosted 
  • Being mistaken for a Parisian
  • Being afraid of an answer, but asking anyway
  • Robing rooms and court rooms (as always)
  • Having one of my idols as a mentor
  • The notification "xxxx has tagged you in a comment/post"
  • Voice notes
  • Screenshots and a flurry of messaging
  • Still having more favourites than not, despite a roller-coaster of a year
...and so much more...

What are your favourite things of 2017? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...